Broaden problem solving skills to expand creativity and build mathematic acumen for competitions such as Math Kangaroo, Math Counts and American Mathematics Competition (AMC).
Students engage with more advanced level of thinking as they are confronted with challenging problems as well as opportunities to examine an array of math topics. Students form a better understanding of various strategies as they complete competition-style problems utilizing a series of lessons to examine and review both the material and attained skills. Timed practice exams additionally help our students prepare for upcoming competitions.
- Our knowledgeable instructors mentor students in the process of building a strong foundation in mathematics and continuously emphasize development of problem-solving skills. Mathematics is a problem-solving subject, and these courses can help students learn how to approach problems systematically, break them down into smaller parts, and use logic and reasoning to find solutions.
- Learning the material and mastering the concepts additionally enables students to gain a sense of accomplishment and feel more confident in their ability to succeed in math.
- Prepare for college or other post-secondary education. Many colleges and universities require students to take certain math courses. These courses can help students prepare for these courses and be successful in them.
- Students improve critical thinking skills that are integral to the Math subject, which requires students to think critically about problems and come up with creative solutions. These courses can help students develop these skills, which are valuable in many other areas of life overall.
These classes are constructed in ways that specifically prepare individuals for The Math Kangaroo Competition as well as MathCounts, which are nationwide completions intended for elementary and middle school students. The topics and concepts covered in math prep courses vary depending on the level of the course and the specific goals of the course. However, some common topics include:
- Number theory
- Trigonometry concepts
- Pigeonhole Principle
- Sequences and Series
- Critical thinking
- Logic-related tasks
- External Principle
- Modular Arithmetic
- Generating function
Here are some specific resources that you may find helpful:
- The AMC website: maa.org/math-competitions has information about the competitions, practice problems, and past exams.
- The Art of Problem Solving: artofproblemsolving.com website has a comprehensive collection of math problems and solutions, including problems from the AMC competitions.
- The Math Kangaroo USA website: mathkangaroo.org/mks
- Math Counts Competitions Series website: mathcounts.org