English Class and Individual Enlgish Tutoring – Now Available!
Kindergarten – 8 GradeWe offer English class for kindergarten and first grade and individual English tutoring for children in grades 2-8. This class can address any challenges your child is facing in school and help build confidence. Individual English sessions can prepare your child for future excellence in English writing & comprehension and is a great starting block for standardized testing preparation (SAT). We will help your child build a framework that will help him/her excel in school.
Classes offered:Kindergarten: Monday 4:30-5:30pm & Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm
1st Grade: Monday 5:30-6:30pm & Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm
2nd-8th Grade: Individual tutoring available
English class and tutoring provided by Certified Teacher – Donna Pentaleri, M.Ed.:
- Masters in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from Bank Street College, New York.
- Elementary and Middle School Teacher in the Brookline Public Schools, the Carlisle Public Schools, and Boston Public Schools. Literacy Coach in the Boston Public Schools for ten years.
- Currently, Reading Specialist and Literacy Coach in the Newton Public Schools.
“The poet, being an imitator like a painter or any other artist, must of necessity imitate one of three objects – things as they were or are, things as they are said or thought to be, or things as they ought to be. The vehicle of expression is language – either current terms or, it may be, rare words or metaphors.”
Philosopher and scientist
We work with students to further develop skills in reading, writing, and critical thinking. Focus topics can include:
- Reading comprehension
- Text analysis (both poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction)
- Expansion of vocabulary
- Creative writing and other genres of writing, including writing focused, cohesive essays(strong beginning, middle and end), which cite evidence to support an idea or argument
- Increased mastery of grammar
- Application of student’s’ knowledge of themes, structure and elements of literature